Saturday, January 25, 2014

From the pages of my Journal- 22nd Feb 2010




Hey,
 Can't wait to tell you how wonderful yesterday was!
 I and Perin went to Sinhagad Fort. The plan was made a week back with certain details altered. We were supposed to go with the college sports group but we were so lazy to make a phone cal and put our names that on Friday we realized we cant go with the college group any more.
Just to consol each other I said ‘lets just two of us go”. Even though, we didn’t quite believe that, but we nodded in agreement. We didn’t talk about it untill Saturday night. When perin asked what time will we be meeting. I said “7 to 7.15 Swargate. That was all we spoke over the phone.
I then set an alarm of 6 and went off to sleep, again very unsure if we are really going to Sinhagad tomorrow!
The most important thing is we stuck to our plan and we went. Infact we went ahead of Sinhagad, some place called Khanapur and then came back. However, after changing 4 buses from morning and travelling 5 km extra we still managed to reach the foothills by quarter to nine. And with all the breaks and moments taken to appreciate the nature around we still managed to climb on the top of the hill by 11.30.
We sat down in random places, talked, shared a lot of unspoken stories, sorted out many unsolved puzzles of human behavior, appreciated nature’s strange creation like thrones on leaves and normal creation like hot looking guys, commented on high hills and heavy jewelaries of ladies.
Finally we settled under the shade of a big tree and realized how hungry we were. So had bhakri pilti and kandabajji and ofcourse and eaten for an hour.
Then our hunt for water began. I knew there was a wellthere but where ever we went, could not find that well. Infact I went on top of the highest peak of Sinhagad so that I could locate the well. But all our search was going in vein. Perin was tired and wanted to start climbing down. And I wanted to find that well not for waternow but for I could not find it in last 1hr. instead of well we found ponds, more than one.one looked beautiful, like a painters imagination. It was full of frogs and tadpoles. All of them jumped at the same time. And I felt like I have entered Alice’s wonderland for a moment.
We found that well at last. Drank water filled our bottles. The water was cold andlifesaving. But when we peeped into the well, Perin could not trust the water anymore. I didn’t quite mind! She had seen some water insects… well water is origin of life, where there is water there will be life. And therefore you should not study microbiology!
Climbing down was difficult. We slipped and lost balance many a times. Some places we literally had to sit down to avaiod falling qown.loose mud and stones made it more difficult. But God had send his angles where ever we got stuck and helpless. The climbing down seemed endless. It took us over 2 and a half hour and left us sore foot.
Finally our climbing was over and we made few friends. There was a bus waiting , so we left Sinhagad by 5 in the evening.
That wasn’t the end of the dayfor me. I and Perin parted in Swargate and I headed towards Deccan as I made a plan with Gaourav and Sonali while in the bus. We had a blast in Pizzahut. So a day full of fun.
Bhakri pilti in lunch and spicy exortica pizza at dinner… this is definitely one of the best days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment