Monday, October 7, 2013

SPIRITUALITY…



I wonder what spirituality is.  I always believed it’s about being GOOD. But with time the definition of good has become very hazy. What is good for you may not be good to others. In fact it can be exactly opposite of good sometimes.

Well, GOOD and GOD are vast area of discussion and debate. All I want to write is something simple and serine. Yesterday I went to a religious place - ISKON temple. Not that I am a great follower but I like the simplicity of this temple. And my parents love to spend their time here. So, when I sat inside listening to ‘Hari naam’, I saw there was one lead singer and few of them surrounding him were playing some simple instruments like khanjani, dholok etc etc. What grabbed my attention is the different tune of ‘Hare Krishna’ and the devotion behind it. Some with tears in their eyes and all of them lost in ‘Bhajan’. There was a slow rhythmic movement and clapping with the beat of the tune. As if ever body present there were in a trance.

 What is it??

As I have mentioned earlier I am not a sincere KRISHNA bhakt but for some time I too was lost in that trance. I lost track of time and wanted to sit there and listen forever and look at those people lost in their spiritual world. If GOD doesn’t exist HE would have created himself looking at the people who have put so much faith and devotion in HIM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment